How long will I be in residential treatment?
There are many factors that go in to determining how long an individual is in residential treatment. The shortest length of time is 30 days and some people stay as long as 6 months.
Will I have to share a room with other residents?
All accommodations are dorm-style. 6-7 clients per room.
Can I have visits with my family?
Yes, we encourage family visits. We believe that healing from addiction and alcoholism is a process that includes the entire family. Eligibility for visitation begins once the orientation period has been completed.
Can I smoke cigarettes?
Yes, there is smoking allowed in designated areas. Skyway House is committed to providing resources for clients who are interested in quitting.
Will I be able to use my cell phone?
No. Residential treatment is a time for self-reflection and healing. We want you to succeed in treatment and we believe that minimal distraction from the outside world is necessary for you to make the most of your time with us.
Is there a blackout period when I first enter treatment?
Yes, there is an orientation period when you begin residential treatment lasting up to 14 days. During this time residents are not allowed any contact with the outside world. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis. During these two weeks we will assess your health and help you begin the process of engaging in treatment. This is a time for you to reflect about the considerable changes that you are making in your life and your new journey into recovery. After the orientation period residents are allowed limited daily telephone calls, weekend visitation and sponsor or church passes.
What will I need to bring with me?
Skyway House supplies everything you will need except personal items that you will want to bring with you.
- Skyway House supplies all linens and towels but you’re welcome to bring your own sheets, pillow, and blanket and bath towel if you prefer.
- Please bring no more than 7 days worth of clothing (due to limited space). Do not bring any clothing that depicts drugs or alcohol or that is sexual in nature.
- 1 to 3 pairs of shoes
- Please bring any personal hygiene products you may need, as Skyway House does not supply them. These products cannot contain alcohol.
- If you are currently taking medication(s) prescribed by a medical doctor, you must bring a current, 30-day supply. Expired medications or medications that are not in their original packaging will not be allowed.
- Money if desired. You are allowed to keep up to $20.00 in your possession while you’re in the residential program. If you have more than $20.00, it will be kept in a locked area designated by the facility.
- Stamps and envelopes if you wish to write letters.
- Personal reading material.
- Personal music players are permitted ONLY if they are used with headphones. Stereos with speakers are not permitted on the premises.
- Cameras are not allowed due to the confidentiality of our residents.
- Cell phones are not allowed on the premises.